Thursday, October 23, 2008

Toothache?

Or is there such thing as a gum ache...?

I'm someone who brushes my teeth religiously- morning and night. Without fail. I just have to. It's a routine thing that I do. But I never floss. People tell me I need to floss my teeth, but everytime I do, it causes problems. =.=

Which is exactly what happened a few days ago.
I remembered what these people told me and thought maybe it's about time I start flossing my teeth. So I did. It was all fine.

The next day however... my gums hurt. not all over... just... this one place.
you see, i have another wisdom tooth growing at the back... So far, just like my first one- it hasn't caused any problems. I can see about 4mm of it now... But ever since that flossing incident, my gum around that area hurts. It didn't help that when i ate my cereal this morning, i bit down really hard on some hard bit (dried apple im guessing...) at that painful tender area... OMG that hurt like shit.

I considered the possibility of a cavity in my tooth... but its not the nerves in the tooth or whatever that hurts, its the gum area, away from all that teeth... :(

I think i vaguely remember something like that happening before sometime ago... But after a while (a few days... longer than now) it went away.

So hopefully *fingers crossed* the pain goes away soon. And it'll probably be a while before I use the floss again :S or maybe just floss the front and ignore the back cuz its always the back that's causing problems.

But if this doesn't resolve itself in the next few days... Maybe it's time i visited a dentist somewhere outside Kuantan...

Where is the dentist anyway?? :S

5 comments:

aLy said...

it's not a gum problem. your gum hurts because your wisdom tooth is growing!

Laurane said...

noo but its been growing for ages and it didn't hurt! and i shone a torchlight into my mouth last night to see and it looks like one of those injuries you get when you shove your toothbrush too hard into your gums (by accident!) so it looks like a bit of an ulcer. =.=

aLy said...

ahh! ok better go get it checked then if it continues to hurt.

sheila said...

good job on the pathology exam!

i think that flossing is sooo overrated. i never floss myself (and yeah, when i do, it just gets messy and i give up). and i never have gum problems or cavities...so conclusion, not flossing does not mean that your dental health will suffer. :P

Laurane said...

thanks stitch! :) i think i owe you an email. im sorry... hope you're coping fine there...

and about flossing- yes. yay :)