Monday, November 24, 2008

Thoughts.

Ok. I admit, sometimes I can be a bit of a drama queen. Especially when I'm blogging about something :P

Oh well.

I got something done today. Which feels quite good really... since yesterday was a complete waste of time. There's still heaps of stuff I can't seem to get my head around though. Everything seems to revolve around MATH. I guess that's why they make us learn calculus right in the beginning of uni. It's got to do with everything. It amazed me how well I did in that course considering how bad my math is at the moment. I can't remember a thing from calculus, I can't do simple algebra, I can't rearrange equations correctly, and I can't type in numbers into my calculator correctly. Ok maybe that last point isn't so much about Math but it's still a problem I have. And a big one too. It's proved to be problematic numerous times in exam conditions where I realise my entire string of answers are wrong because I typed in the wrong numbers right at the beginning. EVEN AFTER CHECKING. I mean, what is the probability of typing in the same wrong numbers twice(or more) in a row right? And yet I do it all the time...
And i only realise it's wrong a couple of minutes before time is up and I never have the time to change all my answers. Agh. Thinking about it just frustrates me.
And the more I think about my past exams, the more I'm convinced I could fail. So maybe I shouldn't think about it.

But I was doing lots of thinking yesterday. Not the relevant type involving pharmaceutics. Just... thinking in general. Everytime we're having exams I think about the same thing: I MISS SCHOOL (and everything associated with it).
I miss hanging out with friends during free period, lunch break, morning break...
I miss the schoolbell... which is strange since i don't remember what my schoolbell sounded like... but I think most of all it's the routine that we have at school that I miss. You dread the bell, then you anticipate the next bell, and everytime the bell goes you know exactly where you're heading. It's all about the bell...
Now there's no bell. You just Go and do whatever you need to do. OK I'm going slightly off track here talking about the silly BELL. >< Obviously procrastinating and wasting more valuable time...
Another thing I really miss are my friends. I never really thought about it but last night I realised just how much I miss hanging out with them. It's so different now. The things we do and the things we talk about. I felt like sending a message to the people I miss, especially S and A but then I realised I didn't even have the phone number I needed! and I thought maybe if i sent them a message randomly it'll be too... random. So I didn't.

And then I finally went to sleep.

No comments: