Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's funny

As soon as the exams ended, all inspiration and ideas to blog just... disappeared.

I kind of liked the idea of having something to blog about everytime I'm on (and off) the computer. If only these ideas come when I'm FREE rather than when I'm in the midst of exams.

Anyway...

After an afternoon of house cleaning (and trust me, there was a lot to clean although my house is a tiny little pidgeon hole...) I'm sitting at my computer with a mug of Vanilla Latte and some Arnott's wheatmeal biscuits. yumyum. :)
Unfortunately my house still looks very messy. See, I cleaned the bathroom, and the floor and did all the dusting, cleaned the stove (even took out a screwdriver to open the vent area to clean!) but I haven't gotten rid of all the papers lying around the house. Those silly advertisement letters, letters from the bank, paid bills, scrap paper, scribbled notes, notes and more notes... So the house still looks like a junkyard. O right, and my clothes are finally in a nice neat pile... but unfolded ><
I will sort that out by tomorrow... YL is coming to stay for the night.

After my last paper on wednesday, I've met up with my first adelaide friend (i met her at the airport upon arrival!) for lunch to catch up before she leaves... I've had dinner with C and her bf and her housemates (sounds like i'm barging in her dinner doesn't it? lol. her family is mine!! :P)... then played a game called Time's up! which was a load of fun! Did lots of shopping, sorted out a number of important things like my Flight home, and went SHOPPING. So far I've only bought myself one dress though. just one dress... :( It's about time I go on a serious diet cuz I can't seem to find something that looks nice on me with my spare tyres...

I also finally went to work again after more than a week... and my manager put me on FRONT COUNTER. It's so nervewrecking. I've only been on frontcounter once before for a few minutes and i think i had like 2 customers... i can't remember what to do when, and I can't remember where all the buttons are and I would ask customers if it's eating in or take out and they'd answer me, but then I'd forget.... =.=" So anyway, I got help from the other crew, but I was still really lost, and when it got slightly busier I got asked to go back to the burger room... where I felt right at home. lol... It was fun though. I hope Ill get to do it again. I mean.. i gotta learn it sometime right? I'm gonna be a pharmacist (I think...) so I need to speak to people.

Ok so enough on that. Tonight is the night! we're finally clubbing again. :D

I'm going out to feed my cousins now (the ducks and swans... :P) I better give C a call...

Have a good weekend.

p/s: Sorry for the long and boring post. I'll try to come up with something more exciting next time...

4 comments:

conie said...

we end up not feeding your cousins ><
If the ducks and swans are your cousin, what are you ? =P

Laurane said...

hm........ good point. i dunno. ><

Anonymous said...

hahaha that comment about the cousins cracked me up...i was thinking about stitch's alien cousins but then i guess they're not lilo's cousins. (then again, lilo and stitch are ohana therefore lilo is their cousin, by proxy.)

housecleaning sounds intense!

Laurane said...

lol sheila. ohana we are! :)

actually housecleaning isnt that intense. i live in a tiny tiny unit...