Saturday, November 08, 2008

Christmas Pageant 2008

I woke up at 9:30am this morning, like a true-blue Adelaidean and dragged my lazy arse down to the middle North Terrace where hundreds of thousands of Adelaideans have gathered all along the route from South Terrace through the city since early morning.

I was actually watching TV at home trying to find out exactly what time it starts since last year i got up at 11am, saw a bit on TV, then decided to walk to the actual venue and when I arrived, it ended. Brilliant. So this year as soon as the TV started broadcasting it, I knew the parade had arrived to North Terrace and I went down just on time to see the start of the procession :)

(Note: The procession started at South Terrace. North Terrace was where it Ends. These poor people have been walking/dancing/playing what not for over 3kms already since it wasn't a straight route through the city)




And then there were some dancers to introduce the Adelaide '08 Christmas Pageant
And the floats begun...
Funny purple monster


and his cute monster friends

Toby Toy Truck

Owl thing... :S

Snow white and the seven dwarves


puss in boots!
Aliens from outer space...

Sleeping man...

christmas cricket? candy!
CUPCAKES!!!
Captain hook. Arr!!
Kossy Koala

Little girls on a christmas tree
Presents


MORE presents in the sock!


Fairy castle
These were just a few. I can't possible post all of them up!
But wait there's more! There were bagpipers and concert bands...


Fairy dancersFunny little squared men
Drawings on the street (Lots of people showed up and waited since the early hours of the morning... it's become a new tradition for the children to draw on the streets with chalk while waiting for the procession to start - according to the report on TV)

Clowns!
Big, small, real, fake...
This clown was making fun of that police guy who was standing in front of us the entire time. The clowns kept on playing with him. I can't tell whether the police loved his job or not... he looked so embarassed yet so amused at the same time. haha!
And most of all... there were lots of KIDS!
they were so cute to watch. they get so excited about the floats and the clowns and the fairies :)

I stalked a little kid... too cute! :) (i hope no one who reads this knows this kid!)



All these people were waiting waiting waiting... for the end- when Father Christmas finally arrived!! This is the time when my camera decided to DIE. Luckily my phone has more than one function...

Here's what i got to see of him... (that circled bit...)
And then it ended.
And just to prove that I WAS THERE (since last year I was a lazy bum and got lots of pictures off C instead of taking them myself)...

Tadaa!! Yes, yours truly camwhored in the middle of the massive crowd. PLUS i had to take TWO shots because the first one I only managed to get my face nothing else in the background. >< (what a BAD picture of myself! My hair is so messed up. my glasses are wonky, my lips are dry, and my face looks so colourless. =.=)
Anyway, after that I walked over to HJ (cuz i left my apron in the staff room last night... I wanted to check if it was there) But i also wanted to see what the crew at HJ got up to for pageant day because they have been preparing for it! (can't imagine the crowd that went there to eat after the pageant ended... I kind of wished i was working though. would have been fun :) ) anyway, enough going off track!

Here's T in a super cute gingerbread man costume. I'm sure the kids loved her :D

And the rest of the front counter crew were also so cute... look!!

hahaha.

Oh well. Christmas is definitely on it's way!!
(this was meant to be a pretty picture with "Seasons Greetings from the City of Adelaide" actually being readible... Unfortunately, it was a gloomy, rainy day.... so to read it you'll probably have to click on the picture to enlarge. Apart from that it would have been a pretty picture right??? ><)

8 comments:

Yau said...

the kid is mine! haha you paedophile! haha dont be mad... i m just kidding!! chill!

sheila said...

what the heck - it's november 8th and Adelaide is already going all out for Christmas?! sounds even worse than the US :P (they start playing the carols and everything the day after Thanksgiving!) anyway, i saw your post on ritz's facebook wall...you indeed owe me an email i think and i hope the exam revision is going okay! (you are preparing for them now right?)

Laurane said...

yau... what lar.... ><

sheila- yeah.. abit crazy. i guess spore's deco is just starting to come up as well?? when is thanksgiving anyway? and yes i think i do owe you an email. soon soon....

conie said...

HAHa!
cool!
I only got pictures from the top XD You got those from the side and ground lvl view!

And funny how you edited the picture.
btw!
You should be working! So you can dressed up in red as well =)

Laurane said...

i wear red at work anyway! :P
and if i was working i'd be wearing the normal red. cuz i'd be in the burger room...

conie said...

oh?
so you are not going to dress up like a big christmas burger?

aLy said...

oww pretty! preddy preddy pretty! >.< i missed it! adelaide IS cool indeed....

Laurane said...

christmas burger?? i thought they served things like turkeys and hot soup for christmas. Oh wait.. turkeys are for thanksgiving...

adelaide IS cool :P