Monday, November 24, 2008

Medication

I discovered the importance of having spare medication today.

Last night I felt a headache coming on. When it started to get worse, I figured I should go to bed. So I did. You see, I've done this before and I never seem to learn from the past.
Sleeping does not get rid of a headache. I think I've mentioned it a couple of times before on my blog...
So I woke up at 7:30 this morning with a throbbing head. I guess that's what woke me up in the first place. I don't usually wake up at 7am for no reason. So immediately I got out of bed and proceded to take a couple of Panadols and head back to sleep. That was the plan at least. Little did I know, when I went to the place I usually keep my pills- they weren't there. I looked through everything I had: flu medicine, vitamin C, EPO, Calcium supplements etc. but NO PANADOL. I went to look through my brother's stock of medications: more flu medicines, antibiotics, nSAID painkillers- BUT I NEEDED PANADOL. None.
I looked through my wallet, my pencil cases, my bags... and no Panadol. I was starting to freak out, and my head was still throbbing. So I went back to the medicine shelf and looked again (by this time all my other meds were strewn all over the kitchen floor). I found a torchlight and I shone it to the back of the shelf (it was one of those very small, but but deep cubby holes.. if you know what I mean) and I FOUND PANADOL! 4 more tablets in a cut off blister packaging. *phew*
So I took my panadols and went back to sleep. Woke up feeling a lot better. Panadol WORKS.

This is completely ridiculous. But I had this running through my head from the time I found the tablets:
"I need to take this with a whole glass of water... Maybe even more, so it'll dissolve faster (increased dissolution)". So I drank a glass and a half of water. Then lying in bed- "I think I should lie on my back for a while to make sure the tablets would have time to dissolve before entering the SI (I had an empty stomach. It shouldn't take long) then later on turn on my right side. to make sure the tablets move into my SI and doesn't stay in my stomach.. would it be affected by the stomach acid? what's the structure of paracetamol? im sure i've seen it before.... How long does it take to dissolve anyway? I want the headache to GO AWAY. I can't sleep with it lingering... So HOW does panadol work??"

All that and I had a stupid headache and all I wanted to do was to Sleep. Obviously it took me a while, but i finally managed to clear my head and drift off...
I'm going mad. And I blame it on all the studying.
Which is what I should be doing now....
I think by the end of the 4 years I'd be completely insane. Like a mad woman.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

o.O lol.. relax..relax.. ^^

Laurane said...

yes yes... relaxing....
><