Sunday, November 16, 2008

Embarassing things

Sometimes you do things you later regret and ask yourself- what was I thinking??

Well technically I was thinking- It's for safety!

I finished work at 5am last night. Usually on a Saturday night you probably don't want to be walking around town by yourself- If it was say.. 3am or something when there's a ton of drunk people around. It never occured to me that by 5am the place would be pretty quiet. And by 5:30am the sun is almost up... Moreover, on a Sunday morning at 5am the stalls for Rundle Street sunday Market would be going up and there would be normal respectable people out on the street.

Anyway... yesterday one of my work friends asked if I wanted a ride cuz he was driving and at that time it just seemed like a good idea (thinking about the drunk ppl on the road...). He was going to drop off a couple of other people anyway, so I followed, but after I got in the car I just thought it probably wasn't the best idea. I live so close by its really quite ridiculous to take the car :S

What made it worse was that when we got to rundle street, I realised that road is closed (for the sunday market) so he had to make weird U turns at illegal places (well there's a symbol that indicates NO U-TURN but everyone U-turns there anyway...).

Anyway I got out of the car and thanked him and as I headed home I started laughing to myself cuz I thought that's (one of) the most ridiculous thing I've ever done. They must have been thinking- are you serious... she lives HERE and she needs a ride?!?

:S

Ah... I'll get over it.

_______________________
Yesterday's shift (especially in the beginning) was hellish. It was super busy (wonder where the hell all these people are coming from!! its was like 8-10pm...) and there were 2 people in burger room. TWO people. What kind of planning is that?? after midnight there were 6. =.= anyway. I've now got sore arms... and C- get ready to be injured Xs I've lost count of the number of bumps and scratches I got last night...

3 comments:

conie said...

you think too much!
I did that before so many times!!! =S
You'll get over it!
They will think you are cute =)

Laurane said...

Cute?? o.O you did what before? drive you from HJ home? >< its so damn near lah.

btw i updated the post again. you should read. vital information.
heheh...

conie said...

I know!!!
So vital!

"Get ready to be injured?!"
Not a good time my darling