Thursday, November 13, 2008

Recent Bakes

Caramel Slice
Oh so sinful...
Appearance: 4/10 (well... the top looked good. The bottom crust however, was a disaster. So if you were only looking on top, i'd say 8/10. But overall... it's a horrible 4/10. you can't have caramel slice without the bottom layer... It looks nicer than reality in the picture)


Texture: choc was good, caramel was good (a little bit crumbly the next day though), bottom failed. um... 3/10.


Taste: 5/10 (since the caramel layer was yummy... but like i said, the crust was a total failure. grading the crust alone i'd give it a -2/10. yep. its in the negatives)



Butter Cake
More sinful treats...

Un-iced
Iced


Appearance: 7/10...? I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like without icing on it. i mean, is it meant to be cracked? cuz mine certainly cracked. But it looks yummier with cracks in it :P Iced... it just looks boring. i needed some decoration on it but heck, its going into my stomach anyway. and i didnt have anything to put on top... Oh and the marbling? Slight bit of a failure there as well. But I tried...

Texture: 6/10. A bit too crumbly... got a bit dry.

Taste: 8/10. Dry or not... It was quite yummy :)

Steamed Banana Cake
OK so it's not Baked. But it still has to go in this post.





Appearance: 7/10. It looks like what it's supposed to look like... I guess. Except for the big holes near the top. I don't think it's supposed to be like that.
Texture: 8/10. It was soft and moist.
Taste: 0/10. Horror story. It could be that my pot I used to steam actually smells of other food, or my flour somehow absorbed the smell of spices in the pantry... But i swear, the cake had a spice flavour to it. All i put in there was banana, sugar, flour, oil, egg and water. so WHY does it smell of spice??? im so confused. Obviously banana cake should not have spice flavoring in it. doesnt work. It was pretty disgusting :S
Oh well, I tried the healthier option to steam... but after that nasty experience, I think i'll stick with baking. I like cakes looking nice and brown anyway.
____________________________________
I'M GOING TO WATCH ALICIA KEYS ON THE 18TH OF DECEMBER!!! I'm SO Excited!!!

3 comments:

conie said...

girl!
you told me it's on the 19th ><

Laurane said...

um yea. i checked the date again and turned out to be 18th...

conie said...

18th even worse for me , my darling =(
Initially can consider going already ...