Thursday, November 06, 2008

FLY ATTACK!!!


The flies in Adelaide have woken up today...

There have been hints in the past week, but today... they're up and about. FOR REAL.

Lucky for me, I wasn't brutally attacked.

I was walking behind a group of about five people just now. Each and every one of them had about three flies each following them. Buzzing around their face, sitting on their clothes, their bag, their hair... I was careful to keep my distance. I realised that anyone who walks close to them would unwillingly 'pick up' some flies for themselves. So I stayed away. I trailed behind them even though they were walking really slowly... I couldn't walk past them. It was too risky.

All I got today were a couple of flies that attacked for only about a second each. *phew* So that was bearable.

No comments: