Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Why them not us?

I read through some 'famous blogs' recently like Kennysia and Dawn Yang. We all know who they are... they're famous because of their blogs!

So what makes their blogs different from ours? I'm not here to give you that answer, i'm just here to discuss what the possibilities may be. So if you're looking for answers, you're in the wrong place.

Kennysia is hillarious. He writes about pretty much everything- personal life, national news, events.... and he makes everything entertaining to read. He's also got pictures. Lots of them. I think pictures is what brings people to a blog. For that reason my blog is an uninhabited forrest... not even the birds fly by to look for fruits. (that's such a random analogy) Anyway, so kennysia isnt the most good looking guy or someone with an amazing body. But the fact that he's not afraid to expose everything about himself (and he seems like a pretty interesting person) makes people go back to his blog again and again and again... I go there just for some laughs.

Dawn yang... well. She's got heaps of pictures of herself. Of course that's perfectly fine cuz she's pretty and all that. (Imagine all of us did that in our blogs. I think some of us would chase people away and give them horrible nightmares...) With all the fancily photoshopped pictures with fancy borders and bakcgrounds etc etc. even pictures of her crying looks like its taken in a studio (yes, she has a picture of her crying. and even in that state she's pretty). But to be completely honest, I haven't read her blog enough to find out what she writes about or whether she's a good writer or what else brings people to her blog apart from those pictures...

What i DO know however, is that the more famous you are, the more people visit your blog. They somehow managed to become 'famous' by blogging, and for that reason, people are now reading their blog because they're 'famous' and because they're 'famous' they get to attend events for 'famous' people which lets them blog about famous people things which makes their blog posts even more interesting and therefore drawing even more people there. It's like an exponential dominoes effect. With a slow start...

Then again, i've only visited kennysia's blog about 3-4 times now and ive only been to dawn's site maybe a couple of times. So I dont know these bloggers here as well as lots of other people do. What i've written is just my first impression of their blogs.

I was going to do some research on their blogs before trying to come up with something to say on my blog, but kennysia decided to declare that he's going to STOP BLOGGING FOREVER from today. So i can't really acess his blog...
Then again, its april fool's day and you can't trust everything you read.

(and I'm just lazy to go to dawn yang's site... :P)

... that concludes another episode of my procrastination.
Maybe I really should study biochem now. I'm on lecture 2. i have about 8 lectures i think... to go through and learn by thursday. i have work later today. So i better study. study study study.
Or maybe i could start uploding pictures and writing about intelligent, interesting things and stop being depressing on my blog so people start reading my blog and I can be a famous blogger and I'd get paid to advertise on my blog and I can quit uni! That's an idea...

ok. enough. go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

who's kennysia?

Laurane said...

see my links... you'll find his blog. just some random msian guy...