Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm a spendthrift.

=S

And I'm working for it. Well, trying to, since its the holidays.

The reason I spent so little last year was because I know that every single cent I spent comes from my parent's pockets. The money is not mine to spend. So it's not right that I spend it on something for ME. I try to make myself feel better by thinking, "I used to get pocket money when I was at school. So I could take some out from the money my parent's give and call that my pocket money." The only problem is, I don't actually keep track of how much I take to spend...

So, this year- problem solved. I work. I keep a separate bank account for MY money. I spend as I wish. And now that I'm making my own money, I'm finding it difficult to control my spendings. Depending on how much I spend, I think, "That's ok. That's just another couple of hours (or however much money it is) of work."
Result: I don't save much...
But i'm trying. I want to go on a holiday sometime. I want to know what it's like to have enough money to pay all your bills, spend on yourself, and save for something bigger in the future.

Sedikit-sedikit, lama-lama jadi bukit. :)

1 comment: