Friday, April 11, 2008

My 20th Birthday

I had the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER this year. Thanks to Conie, Madeline, Marina, Gin, Chian Ur, Magdalene, Wendy, and last but not least my brother. (Yeah. Weird. =S) I love you guys :)
O yea, and Cheng Haw. He came too. :)

So here's the story...

On weds, i got mail from Sheila (a really pretty card) and my Sis (a handmade bookmark and the cutest cherry necklace)

That night, at 11:30pm Conie called me. She told me to go downstairs and check my mailbox... ><
Then at midnight my sis called and she was so excited cuz she beat my mum to it... =.=" But i ended up just chatting with mum on msn.
Then throughout the night and the following day i got a bunch of sms-es from friends and family... i realised its a good way to get numbers. A few people msg-ed me and i realised i dont have their numbers. so im like "Thanks!! by the way, who is this?? =S" *embarassed*

So anyway, thanks to: Jas Min, Michelle, Maebel, Desmond, Unc. Henry, Sook Mun, Sheila, Alwyn.

I woke up at 9:30am cuz i thought my class started at 11. then i realised that my class starts at 10! SO. rushed through shower, skipped breakfast, and got to class just on time. After class at 11am, i met Wendy and she presented me with.... TIRAMISU! Then Wendy and I went to Rundle Spices for lunch. Kind of glad i didnt have breakfast because the lunch portion was massive! (oh no! i just realised i didnt take a picture with wendy... :( )

I had 3 hours of prac after that during which i felt like crying cuz it was SO Frustrating and we were getting no where, and im really annoyed that we're doing so many things in groups this year. Anyway... so after class, I thought i'd stop by the computer pool for a while to check my unimail because its a necessity to check that everyday! But conie called and she said she wanted ice cream from my house... (she left some cornetto drumsticks in my fridge cuz hers didnt fit...) so.., well... ok. i said i'll be back in a while.

So a while later i went home.

And when i opened the door...
I HAD THE BIGGEST FRIGHT OF MY LIFE!

Well, not really. That was just me being dramatic. :) But it was surprising.
I probably shouted "what the hell!" pretty loudly (im sorry!) but I'm sure you would too if a bunch of party poppers popped and it was dark but there were human figures laughing and singing happy birthday to you with a pretty cake in the middle- IN YOUR HOUSE!

And then i tried blowing out the candles and they didn't go out... I was so expecting that. Conie was so happy when i was going to blow them out i suspected something. ok. so that was onlt only thing i suspected. The entire party- Completely CLUELESS. (now i feel so silly cuz i was telling my brother about my 'plans' ><)
I thought i was going to have pasta at Scoozi for dinner. I was actually quite looking forward to that. But nothing beats being scared out of your skin, enjoying KFC chicken, home cooked half-instant pasta (haha.. :P), snacks, cake, champagne, and tiramisu with a bunch of your friends. :) So... since that happened very early at like.. 4:30pm... we had a long night. We had a long gossip session and some girl talk (which cheng haw and my bro didn't appreciate i believe...), a balloon fight (if that makes any sense)- i mean, we all know we're ageing... why not forget about that for a while and be kids again. balloons are fun :) ate, ate and ate... and talked. and ate and talked. yep. that what life is about.
So at about 9:30pm, Chian ur, cheng haw, madeline, gin and magdalene had to leave. So Marina, Conie and I headed to PJ O'Brien's which happened to have Ladies Night in conjunction with Unilife's UThursdays thingie... and drinks were $1(9-10pm), $2(10-11pm) and $3(11-12am) HOW COOL IS THAT. So we went, had some drinks, tried talking and failed miserably cuz the music was too loud... so we danced! Dancing is the best thing ever. I wonder how people came up with such a thing as dance. Its the strangest thing. But it makes people happy :)
Clubbing at PJ's was quite an experience. Lets just say... there were some interesting people around. :)

All in all I had FUN night. THANK YOU once again to everyone who helped organise it and showed up and a special thanks to CONIE THE BUNNY! i love you! <3>

(1 thing we forgot to do- TAKE A GROUP PICTURE! Oh well...)


madeline, chian ur
Conie, Gin

...girls who sabotaged my camera.
Posing with marina and haris' present- Jessica Walker Chocolates!!
Cutting my bday cake (thanks marina! sorry about the confusion of what cake i like. i love all cake. hahaha.)

We're all eating.
being attacked by balloons...
A rising star...
Viper!
Sorry girls, please dont kill me. i just had to put this up. =P
Wendy's tiramisu!happy peoplehanging out in the food corridor (haha. makes my hse sound so big...) At PJ O'Brien's.Our phones. :)
The presents and cards! the turtle and earrings from brother, the cherry necklace from sis the bag from conie, the Chocolates from marina.Chocolates that i'm currently indulging in... :P
I thought of sharing some with my brother, but after taking that first bite... i might have changed my mind... muahahahah!

For a more comprehensive coverage of the night's events, please see Conie's Blog. :)

4 comments:

conie said...

comprehensive coverage?
I tried to make mine brief ><
You have to get the videos from the others!

And try to listen at the pre-surprise part
haha!

Anyway!
Hope you like "being frigten" =P
*hugs*



p/s: you know why there's this party? Cause you mentioned that you love surprises! haha

conie said...

oppss..
there's a typo there somewhere :P
(you are very particular with that, I know)

Laurane said...

haha. :) forgiven for the typo. surprises are nice :)

Anonymous said...

birthday surprises are the best!! :) i'm so glad you had such a great time with your friends; must've been a welcome break from all those exams and revision and projects. have a good week!