Monday, April 21, 2008

Maybe this is what I'm supposed to be doing afterall...

I spent my day in Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Despite the tutorials about Gentamicin where I was falling asleep and was quite lost at some parts... and lots of talking... and another presentation during lunch...
I actually felt quite comfortable in the hospital environment. I really liked it. The part where we were walking from one end of the hospital to the other to the patients wards with our notebooks made me feel like an intern from Grey's Anatomy :) I was falling asleep in the tutorial mainly because I slept late last night and I'm not much of a morning person. And that happened quite early in the morning! Apart from that, learning about it was actually quite interesting. I like how its our responsibility that the patient gets the correct dosage of the right drugs etc etc. It's exciting. It's just like how a surgeon is in charge of a patient's life when they're under the knife. Ok so maybe its not THAT exciting, but still. We play a part. And a pretty important part too. Xp. and we don't have to dig our hands into bloody body organs. but now i think of it, a part of me really wants to...
anyway, i believe there is a high likelihood that I'll find myself working in a hospital 5 years from now. or maybe just 3 or 4... yea...
i know its only been 1 day but first impressions count :) i'll probably twist and turn every situation i dont like in the hospital pharmacy later on to be something i like just because i said i would. and it'll all work out fine.


I made a cake today. It worked! but i didnt take pictures. the camera is dead. and i also forgot. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the cake (ive been craving for cake even though i've had cake every week since every week we've had a birthday). Anyway, i ate it before i managed to take a picture.


I went to hahndorff with conie and joawenn on sunday. Due to my laziness to turn on my computer, i haven't managed to transfer the photos onto a hard drive to pass to conie or joawenn, or to upload any of them. btw, i'm on the uni computer now. so no, my computer isn't on.

5 comments:

conie said...

can I...can I ask you what you do everytime after your work??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurane said...

hm? what work you referring to? i come home and watch tv.... o.O

conie said...

what's the "I come home and watch tv...o.O " about?

Laurane said...

you asked what i do after work? i said i'll go home and watch tv.