Monday, April 14, 2008

About Food

This weekend, I joined Conie and a couple of her work colleagues to Sugarbowl. It was a nice change from the usual western desserts. We had…

Lotus paste thing… (don’t know what it’s called)
Lychee (flavoured coco de nata) with black rice:
Mango with black sticky rice and coconut milk.
(the names of the food above are probably not correct…)

I tried Cooking Chicken Cordon Bleu (for the second time) on Wednesday night…
It’s just chicken breast with ham and Swiss cheese inside it, coated with flour, egg and breadcrumbs…
Here it is cooking:

(This is the second piece cooking. The frothy oil is because the cheese leaked out… ><)
Soaking up the excess oil: (oh my, it looks a bit burnt doesn't it?? :S it wasn't...)

Served with home-made coleslaw: (I decided I had enough carbs for the day from biscuits and bread, so no carbs here…)And cut:In terms of the taste… this one should have tasted better than my first time cooking it because I finally used ham and swiss cheese as the recipe said to. The first time I used bacon and tasty cheddar. Well, we have to make do of what we have right? :) Oh, i also made the breadcrumbs from my old bread! (This time round, it was bought breadcrumbs) Anyway, personally, I think the first time was nicer because the swiss cheese is a bit too strong for my liking. (now I’ve got extra cheese in the fridge and I don’t know what to do with it >< I could make that thing one more time…)
Apart from tasting better, it also looked better the first time I made it… Here it is again for those who hasn’t seen it:I was also being very greedy the day before that so I tried making something called ‘buckeyes’. I found the recipe in one of those food blogs that if you haven’t yet noticed- I’ve added to my list of links. I cut down the recipe by about 20 times and made just ONE buckeye. Peanut butter buckeye:
Not very successful (I couldn’t wait for it to cool enough so it was rpretty soft... ><), very unhealthy, but SUPER YUMMY. Well… can’t go wrong when all the ingredients are yummy right? :)

Right at this very moment however, I’m craving for….
TEA RICE!

Something healthy for a change. I had this at the Food Republic in Suntec City, Singapore. I tried looking for it in the food republic in KL when I was there in January, but they didn’t have it. When I came back to spore there wasn’t time to go to Suntec City. So imagine this – I was already craving that since I was IN SINGAPORE and it’ll be about 8 months time before I’m back in the land of food glorious food!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mango and sticky black rice with coconut milk!! oh TEMPT ME NOT!!! ack laurane this is why you shouldn't post photos of such culinary creations on your blog. when i'm in the US, i don't think about asian food to avoid cravings for i know i can't have but now look what you've done. i don't think i'll be able to focus on my english essay now. :P

Laurane said...

im sorry stitch! >< i couldn't help it... maybe one day you'll find a place where you can find good food! we just discovered a place to get GOOD AUTHENTIC msian food. its amazing. but a bit expensive of course... what can we expect? we're in australia...