Monday, April 14, 2008

Fortunate to be living in this era...

A couple of weeks before the holidays started we had a couple of tests. So of course, I had to find some place to study. Knowing me... I can't sit in my own room to study. I was also tired of my uni library or the computer pool area... Coincidentally, I was meeting a friend who studies at Uni Adelaide. So after meeting her, I decided why not study in their library. I know of a quiet study area there...

This is the quiet study area... It's kind of scary actually... As soon as you walk into the room, everything goes quiet. I guess that's why its called the quiet study area but SERIOUSLY. Not a sound. And as you can see, it's also very... exposed. =S I can't study like that. Too stressful... so i sat at the study tables Outside that quiet place... haha. So after I studied and was ready to go home, I decided to look around a bit, and I found this...
The library catalogue! Imagine having to go through them to find the alphabet of your author, then going through each and every card in the drawer to look for your book's call number! (i should have taken a pic of that too,every drawer is FULL of little cards with the information like author, title and call number of the book)
Fortunately for us...
Ah... what would we do without computers?

1 comment:

aLy said...

LoL... seriously... look at how spoilt we are now! imagine doing research in the 70s or 80s... times where our parents were studying... i'd seriously freak.