Sunday, September 28, 2008

Picture update!

1.
I made... No. start again. I tried making Egg Tarts a couple of weeks ago...

First thing wrong- there was so much pastry but not enough filling :S
Here they are baking in the oven...

I took them out (i believe) at just the right time- the egg filling had just cooked so it was perfecto. But- back to problem #1: too much pastry. The pastry hadn't cooked properly... :( SO... back into the oven they go.

Then... THEY WENT ALL PUFFY!! looks super cute though :)
Unfortunately, puffiness for eggtarts is BAD. firstly cuz it just means its overcooked. and overcooked stuff just isnt right. Secondly, it leaves big bubbly holes in your tart. thirdly, it destroys the smooth texture egg tarts are supposed to have. Anf finally- IT DOESN'T LAST. So... in the end, they look like this:

THEY GO ALL WRINKLY. ugh. and oogly.

Final thing about baking- it has to taste good. Mine... didn't really taste good :S

i thought the filling was a bit too sweet, and the pastry too much. and because of the overcooking the texture was all wrong. well, i think i got ONE thing right though, the pastry didnt turn out hard. it was just about right :)

2.

I jog at torrens. And everytime i jog i would see this tree... It looks to me like a monster. So the last time iwent for a jog, i decided to STOP for a few seconds and take a picture. See for yourself:

OK so the lighting and all is horrible, and you can hardly see the tree, but its still there... doesn't it look like a giant green chicken with a very long beak??

And... Springtime is the bestest time to go jogging because of these little things!! SEE!!

my phone camera isnt hi-tech enough to zoom in... so just click on it for a larger picture (it should work... i think...)

3.

Dropped by the market for a while with Conie and Marina after lunch one day... and look what we found!

Demented potato and a GIANT TOMATO!!

4.

Remember my excitement over the giant computer screens at uni...



See, they ARE Big! right??

5.

Conie and I were walking towards Al's place... and Conie looked up... and we saw this.

Poor dead bird on top of transparent glass..... :S

1 comment:

conie said...

cool!!
My internet is being a bit nasty to me, not all the pictures can be loaded =S

But!
1- I think the egg tart was good!

2-It looked more monster-like in your phone

3- This is the only picture I can see =.= (I swear! I am NOT that selfloving =P) But they are huge!

4- I guess I have to go see the screen myself.It's just a matter of time ><

5-hiak hiak! Amazing huh!!