Sunday, September 28, 2008

Give and Take

A couple of days ago, I made Bread Pudding. People tell me it's easy and I've never done it before, so i decided to give it a try.
The thing about me... is that, i like to take recipes and simplify them even more... leave out the 'unimportant' bits... (cuz some ingredients are hard to get and cost more!)
for example. This recipe- used sourdough bread, had Pecan Nuts on top of of the pudding, and it is served with some sort of whiskey thing....
But i just used normal white bread, got rid of pecan nuts, and instead of some fancy topping- i bought some Custard Powder and just made custard. i've always had it with custard anyway. can't go wrong. and well... i guess it wouldn't taste as good as the original, but it works...

Anyway... i didn't take many pictures of it... but here's one.


In the end, turned out pretty good i think. i liked how it tasted. Even my brother said it was good! *yay* that's an achievement...

So, when something turns out good- I can give some around~ I gave conie a slice (although poor conie had to eat my messed up egg tarts too :S see previous post about my egg tarts...), and i gave my upstairs friend/neighbour Kenz a slice as well.

The thing, is- here's how the neighbour thing works. when you give something, people can't give back an empty container... So they usually give something back in return... i guess~ So here's what I ended up with:

Biscuits from Penang!!
*yay*

(I gave so little and got back so many biscuits... paiseh paiseh.. ><)

I wonder what happened to his agar-agar he said he'll give before that though... cuz he sort of didnt say anythign about that... i didnt ask.

5 comments:

aLy said...

wow so proper. how come my friends in melbourne didnt do that?
i get empty containers back - ALL THE TIME.

Laurane said...

haha. no lah. its not always so proper...

Yau said...

how come i dont get one? hahah... but prefer chocolate cake than pudding! hahaha god i m demanding! haha no wonder no one give me food!

=Mun= said...

ahhh i miss that biscuit!

Laurane said...

lol yau... yeai was just gonna say 'so demanding!' then i read the rest of your comment... tahu sendiri :P

mun- can actually find it in chinatown... haha. not the exact brand, but same thing.