Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bleearghhh

I tasted the Cod Liver Oil Emulsion I made in prac today. UGh GROSS.
Ok so the taste wasn't too bad. I actually managed to get 8mLs of Orange Syrup in it. Kind of maximum i could put in cuz i needed more water to clean out my mortar and pestle. So... in terms of taste- it was actually sweet. Not too bad. BUT THE SMELL. aaahh!! it staysi n your mouth! so now im sucking on a mint. Not a particularly tasty mint (Fisherman's friend. Got it cuz i had a cough sometime ago and it helped) but still better than nasty fishy mouth. Never again am i gonig to take cod liver oil. No wonder i stopped taking the capsules i used to take... Ah bad memories.
Strangely enough I used to take the orange flavored Scotts emulsions. You know the orange syrup... and I LIKED IT. weird. AND my cousins would take the white coloured scotts emulsion. isnt that just... cod liver oil emulsion?? it's the grossest thing. imagine tasting fish oil every single day!??

ew.

On a side note: I'm glad we talked. :) <3

5 comments:

conie said...

did you save some for me?

Tinanit said...

ooo.. i used to take PURE COD LIVER OIL liquid form! YUCK! that was in primary 2 (8 yrs old). mum forced me to take it coz i looked skinny at that time! LOL!

Laurane said...

conie: that stuff went down the drain. didnt you make some yourself...

tina: hahaha! so you're one of those poor kids. :P i remeber at one point my cousins CHEWED UP cod liver oil CAPSULES. :S

conie said...

mine smells like ikan bilis!

Tinanit said...

lol! your cousins must have strong teeth! they can chew the capsules!