Tuesday, June 24, 2008

As the excitement fades...

OK. So I was sitting on my bed happily reading pharmaceutical chemistry (yes... it does get kind of addictive.) and well, you know how some subjects are kind of related (im speaking of Pharmaceutics here) and so my mind wandered a bit and i started thinking about what i wrote for my answers in my pharmaceutics exam...

I came out of the exam feeling happy that its over and pretty proud of myself (I feel proud of myself pretty easily :P) for being able to fill out an answer for every question asked... But I never really thought about exactly WHAT i wrote for the answers.
After doing a bit of thinking i realised how much crap i managed to write in the exam. Because initially i had lots of blank spaces where i scribbled a bunch of nothings on the scrap paper, then decide to leave blank and come back to it later. Which i did and manage to write... a lot.

I just hope the ones that i didn't crap so much about turns out to be correct.

Anyway, the pchem analytical syllabus is pretty small. I don't understand why PH keeps on rushing through the actual TEACHING bit of his job. IF he had cut down the amount of crap stories he tells, and do a bit more teaching, we probably wouldn't be so lost after he ended his series of lectures. And we probably wouldn't have to go in for the 8am tutorial sesssions (which were just as useless as his lectures) and we COULD have even finished his series of lectures a couple of weeks early. Seriously.

Now i just need to get my head around the basics. Like figuring out which ones are acid or base functional groups when looking at a large molecule. yeah. i cant even do that. Imagine me in the pharmaceutics exam looking at the darn QUESTION 1. Ugh. I hated that question.

3 comments:

conie said...

DON'T think about it anymore. It's over!
I want to pass that subject...

And also the rest...
But physio is something like biochem's sister (i don't know why I take it as a female-sub) =.=

It's not as brain-cell-killer as biochem but it has the genes

BORING!

Laurane said...

its a female-sub because all the lecturers were female. eh.. we were supposed to have Venning do a set of lectures right? hahaha. we didnt get him.
and biochem had 2 male lecturers.
and i agree with you with physio being a biochem sister.
physio and biochem- just as boring to study. must be related.

physio- more understanding. need to know how it all works.
biochem- just memorizing and regurgitating.
maybe there's not much substance in boys and more depth in girls? :)

banyak teori... :S

conie said...

so true!
Girls need more understanding ^^
Boys are just pieces of things that you have to digest =P