Monday, August 27, 2007

So much for life...

A couple of my schoolmates died in a car accident yesterday. I wasn't a close friend, but I knew them. I spent a week on a ship in perth with Alex and I remember little things like how he was seasick for a few days and how we had the same camera. I have a picture with him. I didn't know William well either. But I remember taking a picture with him during a friend's birthday party. I cannot say that I was close to either of them. Yet it is difficult to ignore what happened.

These two people are my age. We went to the same school. Heck, we just got out of school a year ago. These two people have just started university. They should have their whole lives ahead of them waiting to be LIVED. But all of a sudden everything just ends. Life stops there for them. Isn't it unfair? I am sure there are hundereds of things they want to do which hasn't been done. I know if I die today, I would not be satisfied. It makes me realise how short life can be. It reminds me to never hold back. Do what you want because you only live once, and you never know when it will come to an end.

Alex and William may you rest in peace.

No comments: