Sunday, December 07, 2008

WOo hoO!

I survived! (and i'm now enjoying a late morning/afternoon with a mug of vanilla latte and biscuits :P)
3 nights, 23 hours of work. :) I came home last night with feet so painfully tired i cannot begin to explain.
OK maybe it doesn't sound like such a big achievement, but well... I thought it was. >< we don't get to sit at work. and not only that, we hardly ever stand still as well. Whenever it gets quiet we have to do some other things like condiment preps. (And well maybe with all the weight I've put on over the past few months, its more difficult than it should be ...!?? Bah. im just crapping there. But i did put on weight :( :( :( Yep... not one, not two, but THREE sad faces!)

Oh and guess what? Last night I was also asked to go out to the front counter! I've only done it a couple of times so far. Both times was when there was hardly any customers, and for about 15 mins... (well with so little customers, I ended up doing more cleaning of the front counter than actual customer service...) So last night was like.. my debut! muahahaha. (so dramatic... =.=) The good thing about doing it for the first time at a time like 12-3:30am is that the majority of your customers are drunk, which means some don't really care what you do as long as they get food, and I have an excuse to take ages to process an order because sometimes it's impossible to understand their babblings. And they take forever to decide what they want. And they change their minds a gazillion times (which is actually a distadvantage because then i have to correct things over and over and people in the burger room would have started making something then realise it's not right and start over. they probably hate me last night...) Oh, people are also quite talkative when drunk. whether thats a good or bad thing you decide yourself. I actually had quite a lot of fun. but my favourite customers were still the older people who came in completely sober and orders something very ordinary. :) the thing about last night though... was because it's so busy, most of the time I just had to take the order and not worry about actually getting their food because a couple of people (the managers) where giving out all the food and we just kept on taking orders. It's quite different being inside the burger room. Definitely more tiring and stressful but fun.

ok so obviously no one cares about what happens at my workplace and this has turned out to be another pointless long rambling post. But my computer is still sick and it'll take ages for pictures to be uploaded.

Hey at least i'm still updating even after exams. (how ironic does that sound?? :S)

________________________________________________
Loads of people headed back to Malaysia today... Hope they all have a good flight, and enjoy themselves back in Malaysia Truly Asia, and enjoy all the good hawker/mamak food, and be careful with their belongings, and drive safely since I believe lots of them havent been driving for a long time now.

XOXO

3 comments:

aLy said...

yay! congrats!! :) good job on handling weird customers...

Michelle said...

wow! that's nice~~~!

Laurane said...

thank u thank u. lol.