Tuesday, December 09, 2008

retail therapy

Why is it so difficult to understand that one can enjoy doing things alone? When someone found out I was going somewhere alone, their response was- "So sad?"
Then other friends who are busy and are not able to accompany you that day then 'feels bad' about it.
Well... not everyone needs accompaniment for everything they do. Sometimes it's nice to be by yourself. It's nice to not have a schedule to stick to, nice to stay somewhere as long as you want, not worrying about others being bored, tired, or frustrated. The only thing that's stopping you then, is time- when the shops close :P

So I went shopping at Harbourtown today. I had planned to leave earlier but I forgot that the time I looked at on the bus schedule was for the bus stop at Grenfell, not in front of my apartment, so being the genius I am, I missed my bus. It took a while for the next bus to come...

Shopping was fun. No one wants to hear about shopping so I'll skip that bit.

There were 2 busses at the bus stop that I could have caught to go home. I had always thought J1 took a shorter time to get back to the city than 132. (apparently so did a couple of chiense girls cuz i heard them talking behind me). For a reason I cannot figure out however, I hopped on to 132 instead of J1. I was actually Hungry at that time and getting back to the city asap would have been my main goal. But i didn't get on to J1...
So 132 pulled out of the bus stop and started going through... the housing area. I took J1 from the city to harbourtown and it doesn't go through a housing area.
After a while though, I saw the beach! Oh pretty pretty beach... Then I was glad I took 132. Just for that short glimpse of the beach.... and the housing area reminded me of home because for some reason there were a number of double storey houses and it just reminded me of home. So there I was enjoying the beach and thinking of home while all the time my stomach was grumpily rumbling away...
Then when we arrived at the city, my bus passed a J1! Then a few seconds later the J1 passed us again. Then we passed it again! Then I lost sight of J1 (well itw as behind...) and I don't know wha thappened to it after that... so maybe 132 Isn't much slower after all. (or that's the second J1 bus!? can't be...)

By the way, for those of you who have seen them...
You know those giant yellow billboards with the big black words saying "Want Longer Lasting SEX???" Well... they now say: "Want Longer Lasting CENSORED?"

3 comments:

Yau said...

hey u... i always go here n there alone! i think it is nice just ppl tot u r loner when u do that but trust me it is nice!! and yup i saw the advert too! haha

Michelle said...

wow..it's nice being alone when u can go anywhere~~ sigh. stuck here.

jkavi said...

exactly laurane thats what i was trying to put across in one of my older entries. people always think differently of "alone time"..
meh >.<