Wednesday, July 16, 2008

just... so sudden.

I had it in my head that I'll be seeing you again in January. You were the 'home person'. the one who's there when everyone goes away. The one we speak to when we need a taste of home and to hear of familiar places and stories. The one we all meet up with when we come back from where ever we are.
And all of a sudden you're gone. When we arrive home you're no longer there to welcome us at the airport. When we leave you won't be there to send us off like you always did. And worst of all, when we speak to you, you'll probably be telling us of unfamiliar places, unfamiliar people, unfamiliar things...
So what's going to happen? When I get back in January, who do I call? Everyone else will be there on 'holiday'. You never know who will be there and who won't. You're supposed to be the one person I know I can call because you're supposed to always be there... Now you're not. So we'll be a bit lost won't we?
It's been 4 months since I last saw you, but all this time I knew it won't be long before we will meet up again. Just like everyone else. But now I don't know when I'll next see you again. And all of a sudden I'm sad. And I miss you already.

2 comments:

conie said...

come come...
there's always internet and snail mail!
There are air planes too ^^

Unknown said...

yes, yes there is! you can fly up whenever you like..you're always welcome! :)