Sunday, January 07, 2007

i dont know if this new year is very happy after all...

but i guess it isnt BAD. could be worse. my bro's having exams. at least i don't have that. i do miss the library tho. the one i spent hours and hours in revising before IB exams... when people have left and i have nothing to do, i plan to go there to go over some stuff before uni starts. u know, to get my brain back into gear...

SO. i'm out of work. my bro and dad are complaining about holidays ending. As for me, i suddenly have another long holiday. which i don't want cuz then i'm forced to do things like sort out my stuff, clean my room, help around the house- u know, the kind of things parents never fail to ask you to do if you're hanging around the house doing nothing productive. But looking on the bright side, i don;t have to worry about finding time to sort out my visa and medical checkup and stuff. it's a bit late. i know, but im having some problem with getting my visa done cuz i dont have all the info i need. apparently, the thing i need was sent to me but i never got it. so i'm trying to sort that out now.

What's happening the first few days in adelaide still isn't entirely confirmed yet, but for now i'll be flying there with my mum on the 8th and staying in a motel or something for the first few days. We will have to buy furniture and stuff for the new place. on the 12th i start orientation and my mum will still be there and will still be sorting out the new apartment.
at one point we were trying to get tickets for my dad and brother to fly there too...
so much for flying there alone and seeing what its like to be lost and confused in a new place. i guess in a way its good but still... i wanted to go alone. and i wanted to stay in somewhere already furnished, and have housemates and all that. now my first housemate will be my mum and i'll be living alone after that. yay.

So the next few days will be spent by:
-meeting friends and having fun :)
-buying stuff i need for adelaide
-sorting out things i need to bring to adelaide
-sorting out my visa and medical checkup
-write something for my scholarship application! ><
-helping mum at home when she needs
-learning easy things to cook
-play the piano and guitar as much as possible cuz i can't bring them with me to aussiland. :(

i'm going to school on monday. yay. :) (that was NOT sarcasm) haha. how ironic. it would be a million years before anyone says that while doing IB.

-laurane

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so good, live alone....be careful a bit there,dear.......good luck in your study..will u be back for cny???

luv,bel

Laurane said...

thanks. i'll be gone before cny. :(

Anonymous said...

you can't bring your guitar?! :( what is our musical laurane going to do in her spare time?

oh and i personally think that you'll be happy to have your mom there with you. i know you're pretty independent for an 18 year old but still...it's nice not being totally alone the first few days.

seeya this evening!

Anonymous said...

ok..it's impossible to bring along your piano but...BRING ALONE YOUR GUITAR!!! All you need is to get a guitar bag, and sling it across your body ;D Seriously, do bring it along. At least you've got something to do in free time OR you could prevent your musical fingers from getting stiff. My cousin hasn't played the organ for years and when she tried to when she was back, her fingers look miserable @_@ trying to move from one key to another...

Anonymous said...

yes..there is something i forgot to tell you...or more precisely, too embarrassed to tell you :P i've got ANOTHER new blog.. i know you'll be wondering "what the heck? what happened to the old one?" my answer would be: i messed up the template..AGAIN :'((((( I mess up with all the templates of my previous 3 blogs..sniff..I swear I'll never mess with this new one :D So give it a visit, but I haven't really updated..my bad..

Laurane said...

do you realise, dear doreen, you said u have a new blog but u still havent told me what its called so i know where to find it....

o, and the problem with the guitar-i have a case, and i can carry it but i dont know if i can take it on the plane cuz its too big. and i CANNOT check it in.